Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Family Goal update

The girls really liked the idea of the jar and proceeded to add two or three slips of paper each to it.  They've slowed down now that it's been around for a few days though.

So my next step in the goal was to introduce Bible verses, the girls know some verses and that's great, but they don't know many of them, and frankly neither do I. So my next step is to help us learn (memorize) more verses.  It's easier for their young brains than my older one, but I'm trying.  To help with it, I've asked my husband to pick a different verse each week for us.  And then I'm posting it on the sliding door in our kitchen, which is right next to the table.  I picked the first verse, just to get us started, but my husband has picked one for next week.

I'm hoping to find a frame or chalkboard that I can hang on the wall but for now, this is working. The girls have almost got this one memorized and it has only been two days.

I'm interested in hearing ideas on how you help your family get to know God better.

No comments:

Post a Comment