Friday, January 18, 2013

Financial Goal

I've set my Physical goal, and my Spiritual goal, and now I'm going to talk Finances.

This is a difficult subject right now, since I'm unemployed. So, the obvious goal is to get a job.  Which is actually going to be my goal.  I know a lot of women are happy being stay at home moms.  Don't get me wrong, I can see that, but I don't think it's right for me.  I would feel guilty then with every dollar I spend, especially since both of my kids are in school, so we're not paying child care.  If it made sense financially for me to stay home, I'd consider it, but it doesn't.

So with that in mind, I'm going to continue my job search and see if I can find my Dream Job (those do exist right?).  I've worked for about 15 years testing computer software.  So, clearly that's an option for me.  I've worked on everything from mainframes the size of a refrigerator to mobile devices like the iPhone.  But, I've also done work in food service in the past and I have a degree in Mathematics. So, is now the time for a career change? or should I continue down the software path?

So, my financial goal is to decide on a career and go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment